FANDOM


Union Pacific Railroad
487px-Union Pacific Logo svg

Reporting Mark

UP

Locale

United States from Chicago, Illinois, and cities along the Mississippi River to the Pacific coast

Dates of operation

1862–present

Track gauge

4 ft 8 1⁄2 in (1,435 mm) (standard gauge)

Length

31,900 miles (51,338 km)

Headquarters

1400 Douglas Street
Omaha, Nebraska

Website

www.up.com

The Union Pacific Railroad (reporting mark UP) (NYSEUNP), headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, is the largest railroad network in the United States. It has more than 44,000 employees, more than 8,000 locomotives, and runs on 31,900 route-miles in 23 states west of Chicago and New Orleans.[1] The current chairman is James R. Young.[2][3] Over the years Union Pacific has purchased many other railroads, notably theMissouri PacificChicago and North WesternWestern PacificMissouri-Kansas-Texas, and the Southern Pacific (including the Rio Grande). Currently Union Pacific owns 26% of Ferromex while Grupo México owns the remaining 74%. Union Pacific's leading railroad competitor is theBNSF Railway, which covers much of the same territory.

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.